Thank you for your interest in the Accelerated Academic Program for Leadership and Enrichment Academy (AAPLE) at San Marcos High School. Academic motivation and drive and a strong interest in leadership and service in the community are necessary for admission to AAPLE. Applicants acknowledge that the AAPLE Academy’s 4-year academic pathway is rigorous, and apply knowingly committed to this very challenging grouping of coursework, mandatory participation in leadership activities and study, and community service commitments.
Parents and students that would like to be included on AAPLE’s applicant email list to received future date reminders and information, please follow the link below.
- Application Window Opens: 11/30/21
- SMHS Campus Tours: 12/2/21@ 11am, 12/7/21 @ 11am and 12/15/21 @ 11am.
- AAPLE Information Night: 12/5/21 @ 5pm in the AAPLE Academy (room i5).
- In-Person Essay Dates (Required): 12/8/21 @ 3:30pm; 12/9/21 @ 3:30pm; 12/13/21 @ 3:30pm; 1/4/22 @ 3:30pm (sign-up CLICK HERE)
- SBUSD Virtual Showcase Event (School Day and Virtual Parent Event): 12/6/21
- SMHS 8th Grade Open House: 12/13/21 @ 6pm in the SMHS Auditorium.
- Application Window Closes: 1/9/22 @ 11:59pm
- SBUSD Transfer Request Deadline: 1/14/22
- Notice to Applicants: TBD (end of January/early February 2022)
* Please note that SBUSD Covid-19 check-in protocols will be followed at all SMHS in-person events and activities.
Very important! Students applying who do not reside within the San Marcos High School attendance area are required to submit a transfer request to the Santa Barbara Unified School District by January 14, 2022.
For more information about the transfer process, CLICK HERE.