Important Dates & Information

Welcome

Thank you for your interest in the Accelerated Academic Program for Leadership and Enrichment Academy (AAPLE) at San Marcos High School. A record of high-level academic performance from previous coursework and a strong interest in leadership and service in the community are necessary for admission to AAPLE. Applicants acknowledge that the AAPLE Academy’s 4-year academic pathway is very rigorous, and apply knowingly committed to this very challenging grouping of coursework, mandatory participation in leadership activities and study, and community service commitments.

In response to the continued extraordinary challenges students and their families face in the midst of COVID-19, and in an effort to facilitate the opportunity for students to apply to AAPLE, the Academy has reopened the application a second time, extended the application deadline, and will offer an additional opportunity to attend the required In-Person Application Essay. Please note the following interim measures to help mitigate the tremendous disruption caused by the pandemic and to facilitate this additional opportunity for our community’s young people:

  • The AAPLE Academy application deadline has been extended to February 5, 2021.
  • An additional date has been added for students to attend the required Virtual In-Person Essay on 2/1/2021.
  • Because current academic assessment data is not available for most applicants, the benchmark testing requirement is suspended and is replaced by the parent and student acknowledgement of rigor declaration embedded in the online application.
  • 33 of approximately 80-130 students will be admitted to the AAPLE Academy class of 2025. This year, 75% of the 33 students will be admitted based on the online application and Virtual In-Person writing.  All applicants who are not admitted after this process has been completed will be put into a lottery pool. The AAPLE Academy will admit the remaining 25% of the 33 students using a lottery.

By instituting these measures, we hope that more students will have an opportunity to apply and that there will be less worry for our future students during this unprecedented moment in time.  Please remember that AAPLE students and staff are available to assist applicants with any application questions you may have. You can reach us at aaple@smhsaaple.com.

.

Email List

Parents and students that would like to be included on AAPLE’s applicant email list to received future date reminders and information, please follow the link below.

AAPLE Email List Click Here

 .

Important Dates

  • Virtual In-Person Essays Dates: 2/1/21 @ 3:30pm (sign-up click here)
  • Application window re-opens: 1/22/21
  • Application window closes: 2/5/21 @11:59pm
  • Notice to Applicants: 2/12/21

 .

SBUSD Transfer Deadline

Very important! Students applying who do not reside within the San Marcos High School attendance area are required to submit a transfer request to the Santa Barbara Unified School District by Friday, January 29, 2021.

For more information about the transfer process, CLICK HERE.

 

Traducir al español