Thank you for your interest in the Accelerated Academic Program for Leadership and Enrichment Academy (AAPLE) at San Marcos High School. A record of high-level academic performance from previous coursework and a strong interest in leadership and service in the community are necessary for admission to AAPLE. Applicants acknowledge that the AAPLE Academy’s 4-year academic pathway is very rigorous, and apply knowingly committed to this very challenging grouping of coursework, mandatory participation in leadership activities and study, and community service commitments.
Parents and students that would like to be included on AAPLE’s applicant email list to received future date reminders and information, please follow the link below.
- SBUSD Virtual Program Showcase: 11/30/20 (All SBUSD 8th grade students will participate)
- SMHS 8th Grade Open House: 12/9/20
- Virtual AAPLE Information Night: 12/10/20
- Virtual In-Person Essays Dates: 12/10/20, 12/15/20, 12/16/20 (sign-up click here)
- Application window opens: 11/20/20
- Application window closes: 1/3/21 @11:59pm
- SBUSD Transfer Request Deadline: 1/29/21
- Notice to Applicants: 2/5/21
SBUSD Transfer Deadline
Very important! Students applying who do not reside within the San Marcos High School attendance area are required to submit a transfer request to the Santa Barbara Unified School District by January 29, 2021.
For more information about the transfer process, CLICK HERE.