Thank you for your interest in the Accelerated Academic Program for Leadership and Enrichment Academy (AAPLE) at San Marcos High School. A record of high-level academic performance from previous coursework and a strong interest in leadership and service in the community are necessary for admission to AAPLE. Applicants acknowledge that the AAPLE Academy’s 4-year academic pathway is very rigorous, and apply knowingly committed to this very challenging grouping of coursework, mandatory participation in leadership activities and study, and community service commitments.
Parents and students that would like to be included on AAPLE’s applicant email list to received future date reminders and information, please follow the link below.
- District, School Site, and AAPLE Academy information nights: November-December Annually
- SMHS Campus Tours (hosted by SMHS Principal): November-December Annually (contact SMHS for additional information).
- The application window opens: December
- The application window closes: January
- Notice to Applicants: February
* Please note, specific dates will be released November 2019.
Very important! If you live outside of the Santa Barbara Unified School District boundaries, you must meet narrow guidelines in order to be granted an intertransfer to attend San Marcos High School. We strongly advise that you review SB Unified Board Policy regarding inter district transfers and ensure that you meet the guidelines for transfer. Note that you must submit a transfer release from your district of residence no later than January 18, 2019. Failure to do so means that your application to AAPLE Academy will be invalid. For more information about the intradistrict transfer process, CLICK HERE.